Engine mounts - standard or something racy?

Tom_B

Reaction score
I think my new B5 is showing all the symptoms of worn engne mounts. Does the forum think I should go to the stealers and get a set of replacement mounts or should I get the ones for the RS4.... oooooooor should I go for some fancy aftermarket ones - bearing in mind I only want her to perform like new.

General perception is that the RS4 mounts are a particular upgrade over standard model Audis but not as OTT as proper uprated types if your just using the car on the road everyday, for what its worth, i intend to track the car on the odd occasion but will want it to drive good on the road and as such use the RS4 units on mine.

How about 034 motorsport street density? Im torn between these and new RS ones

How about 034 motorsport street density? Im torn between these and new RS ones

for the price of OEM, i went for 034 Street Density, purchased direct from 034, they arrived in 3 days, and still worked out cheaper than OEM after you include shipping and duty....

I will be fitting Street Density engine and box mounts next week. Think they are what most people in the States go for as compared to oem they are decent value.

for the price of OEM, i went for 034 Street Density, purchased direct from 034, they arrived in 3 days, and still worked out cheaper than OEM after you include shipping and duty....

How do you find them when fitted Craig? I have heard you feel more vibrations etc for the track spec type, are the street units similar in spec to oem RS4 then?

Mick i use the track density mounts on mine and think they work perfectly. A little more vibration if i am nit picking but nothing to be to fussed about. The street density mounts are still stiffer than OEM rs4 mounts due to them being void free and using a slightly higher durometer rubber. The street density mounts work out at 25% stiffer. For me either density is well worth having.

How do you find them when fitted Craig? I have heard you feel more vibrations etc for the track spec type, are the street units similar in spec to oem RS4 then?

No experiance about the track density, but my Street Density are great, no noticable vibration for me at all, definetly the right choice for a comfort weighted uprated part!