1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

engine mount

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by audia4d1, May 6, 2011.

1. audia4d1

audia4d1 New Member

[May 6, 2011]
    hi guys just a quick question please, i had a scan done on my car, and is showed up a fault with the engine mount, now as far as i am aware there are 2 engine mounts 1 with the sensor and 1 without, do i have to get both of them chaged? as i cant feel anything wrong with the engine mounts? but soon i will get the engine mount changed the 1 with the sensor, do you think i should change both or just the one with the fault? and also how easy or hard is this job? and any idea what the costs might be?

thank guys
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 20, 2014]

3. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[May 6, 2011]
    id change them both
    but if its not causeing a problem just leave it as is
  4. PhilW

PhilW Member

[May 6, 2011]
    The passenger side one has the solenoid. Its about 70-80 quid.

Do you have any issues or is it just a code being thrown?
  5. audia4d1

audia4d1 New Member

[May 6, 2011]
    no problem at all mate, drives exactly the way it should, so i dont know why i was told after geting the scan i should change it asap, after its changed does it make the car any smoother? or quiter?
  6. richie_jones

richie_jones Member

[May 6, 2011]
    My car throws up this fault to, are they easy to change , i`d have a go if there only 70-80 quid...Don`t they control how the engine rocks....
  7. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

[May 6, 2011]
    it may just be a snaped wier you guys have i had this code and thats all it was re did it all is fine no code at all it works some thing like this on tick over there is a pin kinda thing that pushes into the engine mount and heats it up so as to make it softer to take some of the vibrashon out then when you drive off it pulls the pin out the mount gose cold and hardens back up
  8. richie_jones

richie_jones Member

[May 6, 2011]
    i`ll check for the broken wire cheers...easy done as my undertrays still missing after being ripped off in the snow a few months ago!!!!
  9. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

[May 6, 2011]
    mine was wier and the black block part just super glued it on ;-) works ok now
  10. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

[May 6, 2011]
    the drivers side normally goes on the 2.5TDI and they are a bit of a pain to do, a balancing act with jacks and front bumper off if i remember reading about it rightly.
  11. audia4d1

audia4d1 New Member

[May 10, 2011]
    thanks for the replies guys, so i take i should change both mounts, and would i expect the car to be more smoother? and also any idea if it a expensive job? cheers
  12. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

[May 10, 2011]
    depends on where you are mate and what engine you have, all i know is the 2.5TDI will cost you about £100 each new from main dealer, there is a member here who lives in north London who can give you a good price, Iv not used him yet but he does have a good rep with the other lads and he is on my list of jobs to be done to my car soon, so send him a PM mate,
    adamss24
  13. audia4d1

audia4d1 New Member

[May 11, 2011]
    my car is an audi a4 52 reg 1.9 tdi 130 bhp but it has been remaped to i think 170bhp and am from Leeds