engine mount

audia4d1

Reaction score
hi guys just a quick question please, i had a scan done on my car, and is showed up a fault with the engine mount, now as far as i am aware there are 2 engine mounts 1 with the sensor and 1 without, do i have to get both of them chaged? as i cant feel anything wrong with the engine mounts? but soon i will get the engine mount changed the 1 with the sensor, do you think i should change both or just the one with the fault? and also how easy or hard is this job? and any idea what the costs might be?

thank guys

id change them both
but if its not causeing a problem just leave it as is

The passenger side one has the solenoid. Its about 70-80 quid.

Do you have any issues or is it just a code being thrown?

no problem at all mate, drives exactly the way it should, so i dont know why i was told after geting the scan i should change it asap, after its changed does it make the car any smoother? or quiter?

My car throws up this fault to, are they easy to change , i`d have a go if there only 70-80 quid...Don`t they control how the engine rocks....

it may just be a snaped wier you guys have i had this code and thats all it was re did it all is fine no code at all it works some thing like this on tick over there is a pin kinda thing that pushes into the engine mount and heats it up so as to make it softer to take some of the vibrashon out then when you drive off it pulls the pin out the mount gose cold and hardens back up

i`ll check for the broken wire cheers...easy done as my undertrays still missing after being ripped off in the snow a few months ago!!!!

mine was wier and the black block part just super glued it on ;-) works ok now

thanks for the replies guys, so i take i should change both mounts, and would i expect the car to be more smoother? and also any idea if it a expensive job? cheers

depends on where you are mate and what engine you have, all i know is the 2.5TDI will cost you about £100 each new from main dealer, there is a member here who lives in north London who can give you a good price, Iv not used him yet but he does have a good rep with the other lads and he is on my list of jobs to be done to my car soon, so send him a PM mate,
adamss24

my car is an audi a4 52 reg 1.9 tdi 130 bhp but it has been remaped to i think 170bhp and am from Leeds