Engine mount or gearbox mount on my a3 1.8t

Deano6681

Reaction score
I have a showered bolt and on boost have a vibration and noise just noticed a bolt sheered on the gearbox mount but not sure if this is the one can someone help me diagnose this ple
ase

Cheers mate would that b the noise i get on boost cus that has snapped

yep, and you shouldn't drive it until fixed, surely not too aggressive as if the other bolt snaps your gearbox probably will be on ground

yep, and you shouldn't drive it until fixed, surely not too aggressive as if the other bolt snaps your gearbox probably will be on ground
Thanks mate no I not driving at all now that I noticed it I am ordering a whole new mount to replace it as will b Easter to do than try get bolt out thank you for the advice both of u

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ordering whole mount will not change anything as bolts are bolted to chassis and gearbox not to mount. Anyway you will need to unbolt (from both chassis and gearbox) the mount to get into it and take it off. (on engine side u got bracket between engine and mount, but I'm afraid not on gearbox)

ordering whole mount will not change anything as bolts are bolted to chassis and gearbox not to mount. Anyway you will need to unbolt (from both chassis and gearbox) the mount to get into it and take it off.
Yes that's what I mean I am changing the whole mount as I did not want to start trying to drill and tap the mount as it is alot and the stud is steel and drill will more than likely find its way in the soft metal it is doable to change the whole mount isn't it

I said it badly, the bolt is bolted to gearbox not to mount itself, in fact if you see on mount there is no thread at all. So the bolt is trapped into gearbox, take jack stand, put it on bottom of gearbox (put soem wood between, take off the mount and you will see. P.S. just seen now that your is 8L not 8P, (wrong subforum) but will apply anyway.

Got it mate I looked and 7 can unholy the bottom of the mount there is 3 bolts the engine is out a 52 plate s3 mate

just checked on google, and seem that on a3 8l they using adaptor plate between gearbox and mount, (seem to holding on 3 bolts) but best way is, jack it up, undo the mount, see the damage and then buy parts, (car if not disturbing anybody can stay on jack for few days).