Engine mount non oem supplier

JimSchntz

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm a newcomer to this forum and hope you can offer some advice.

I've been told by my mechanic that both side engine mounts in my 2006 a6 3.0 tdi sedan are cactus. It's a BMK engine.

I don't fancy going OEM due to cost, but my challenge is that every online supplier seems to have the left hand side, but not the right. Am I missing something? Why stock one, but not the other?

Each side has a different part number, so on face value you can not - or should not- use two of the same

Sage advice on what to do, or which supplier to approach is very much appreciated

Last edited:
Audi only allow certain parts to be produced as non OEM spares, and the right engine mount is one of them. It's an Audi only part sorry to say.

Yes, Audi don't directly make engine mount they get suppliers like Lemforder to make them, some of these part can be directly supplied by Lemforder but you will find that the OEM badge and part number has been ground off, but it's still the same part that would have been supplied be Audi.

So to fully answer your question, yes you can mix them. However some of the cheapers one (Chinese copies) won't last as long, I would get lemforder if you can.

Reactions: JimSchntz
One other point to add is if the engine mount are shot then the gearbox mounts won't be far off if not already shot. The lemforder gearbox mount are only £50 each (you need two) and are easy to replace. Putting new engine mounts on warn gearbox mounts will just put more stress on the engine mounts leading to early failures of the engine mounts.

Reactions: JimSchntz
Thanks for that. Assume the same advice would apply to the front mount as well?