Engine Mount error....

johnny_m

Reaction score
Hi, i have the following error on my A4 B6 TDI 130 -

17994 P1586 Engine mount solenoid valves Short to B+

Can anyone tell me how to trouble shoot this code... is it the left or rignt mount ?

17994 - Engine Mount Solenoid Valves (N144/N145): Short to Plus
P1586 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Readiness: 0 0 X X X

Many Thanks

John.

Seems to be some form of vibration damper by looks of it in etka, check any wiring going to the mount of the engine as seems to indicate not connected, could be corroded wire or damaged.

As I dont know your engine code etc then I'm just checking overall in etka for a B6 car, but that should be enough for you to check.

Hi Thanks for the response. It's an AVF engine - 1.9 tdi quattro.

Will check the connection tonight on the passenger side as it is accessable, or could i disconnect the wire to see if another fault came up to eliminate the passenger side one ?

Cheers

Hi, i have the following error on my A4 B6 TDI 130 -

17994 P1586 Engine mount solenoid valves Short to B+

Can anyone tell me how to trouble shoot this code... is it the left or rignt mount ?

17994 - Engine Mount Solenoid Valves (N144/N145): Short to Plus
P1586 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Readiness: 0 0 X X X

Many Thanks

John.
open the bonnet and its the mounting at the front in the center with a wire going to it.

Ive got a mount coming from the garage i bought car and my mechanic can fit for £30.

The car shakes violently at a cold start and throws out quite a lot of smoke and runs lumpy for a min.

The vag com scan shows only the same as the original posted.

Car runs perfectly otherwise.

check coolant sensor,go to engine in vag and check measuring blocks when car is at normal temp...i.e temp gauge halfway and check reading on vag see what its showing.it will say coolant/temp sensor.

where can i get the mount from ... any on ebay as im not sure exactly how it looks?
Whats the part number for the mount?
Thanks

open bonnet and you shud see the mount just infront of engine....gearbox side
where can i get the mount from ... any on ebay as im not sure exactly how it looks?
Whats the part number for the mount?
Thanks