1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine Mount Bolts and Part numbers?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by sprushty, Aug 19, 2013.

1. sprushty

sprushty TQS Collective

[Aug 19, 2013]
    Hello all, I tried doing a search for this but all of the information is scattered and varying. I have a 1.8tqs, I've bought a new engine and gearbox mount, what bolts do I need to order? Part numbers and quantities? Also what torque + turns do they need to be tightened down to?

Thanks in advance :arco:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator Regional Rep

[Aug 19, 2013]
    Just give TPS a call in the morning to get a price and quantity you need for the bolts
  4. sprushty

sprushty TQS Collective

[Aug 23, 2013]
    Hello people, just an update, I reused the old bolts, not ideal I know but no one had them in stock and TPS was too far. I torqued them to the correct specs, they seem fine, used plusgas to ease them out. I used Lemfoerder mounts that I ordered from GSF and have replaced the dog bone mount bush with a red polybush. It drives better but the engine still rocks quite a bit and makes noise when turning off which is what I was hoping to cure. Any ideas on whats wrong? Could the engine mounts be too soft compared to the dog mount?