1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine Mount Bolts and Part numbers?

sprushty Aug 19, 2013

1. sprushty

sprushty TQS Collective

Hello all, I tried doing a search for this but all of the information is scattered and varying. I have a 1.8tqs, I've bought a new engine and gearbox mount, what bolts do I need to order? Part numbers and quantities? Also what torque + turns do they need to be tightened down to?

Thanks in advance :arco:

2. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator Regional Rep

Just give TPS a call in the morning to get a price and quantity you need for the bolts

3. sprushty

sprushty TQS Collective

Hello people, just an update, I reused the old bolts, not ideal I know but no one had them in stock and TPS was too far. I torqued them to the correct specs, they seem fine, used plusgas to ease them out. I used Lemfoerder mounts that I ordered from GSF and have replaced the dog bone mount bush with a red polybush. It drives better but the engine still rocks quite a bit and makes noise when turning off which is what I was hoping to cure. Any ideas on whats wrong? Could the engine mounts be too soft compared to the dog mount?