1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine Mods 170 tdi

HIGGINS Mar 18, 2010

1. HIGGINS

HIGGINS Member

I drive a Audi A3 2.0tdi 170bhp 2006

Im Looking to Mod the engine and i really need specific answers as ive been searching hard and cant find all the answers i need :p :(

Exhaust

Im looking to get an exhaust but i can only find a miltek for the 140? will it still be the best exhaust for the 170 and here is the exhaust i found: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-2-0-T...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item35a7c1bc24
    Is this the best on for my car and i dont really know much about it but would i just buy this go to a garage and fit it? or do i need to do anything else? would you reccomend a de-cat and would it pass its MOT?

Re-map

Im wanting to go with REVO for a remap as i trust them and they are round the corner, would i get the exhuast first or this? if i can the exhuast after this would it mess with the re-map?

Induction Kit/Panel Filter

Should i get one of these, does it increase the performance by much? does it change the sound by much? Which one should i get induction kit or panel filter? which one?

Sorry for the amount of questions its just i dont want to make many mistakes and please try to answer as many questions as you can. What else would you recommend or is a must do with the 170tdi?

Much Appriciated if you could help :readit::icon_thumright:

2. chris1988brown

chris1988brown Member

Hey mate I have stage 1 on mine whick consists of:

miltek dpf delete pipe
    miltek cat back exhaust (140 fits fine)
    green cotton pannel filter ( induction kits lose power on diesels due to the head under the bonnet)
    custom code remap

and the car is a total animal now so quick n pulls like a train

the dpf delete is a must as this n a remap is were all the important gains come from

hope this helps
    chris

3. mdre83

mdre83 Member

Hey Chris,

If I was to add a green cotton panel filter, would it make any differences?

4. HIGGINS

HIGGINS Member

when you mean stage 1 do you mean stage one remap from revo?

and then you have added the exhuast etcc yourself

and is that exhuiast i have linked the one i need to dpf delete? or do i need to buy something ontop of that?

also where did you get your filter?

5. chris1988brown

chris1988brown Member

Mine was a full kit mate from jbs tuning, the pannel filter just helps
    breathing abit more

6. smudge_don

smudge_don Active Member

If you know and trust Revo, why not go ask them? :thumbsup:

7. navnayyar

navnayyar Member

revo dont offer software for 170PPD just the new 170CR

8. Indie_DSG

Indie_DSG Member

Chris,

With a DPF delete dont you have MOT problems??
    How do you get around the christmas tree effect on the dash?

Have been looking to upgrade my 170 this year too.

I wanted to go Forge Twintercooler, Map & Filter.
    BUT......Forge only offer a Twintercooler for the 140 at present! Doh!

9. devonmikeyboy

devonmikeyboy As far from JBS as possible !

If there is any MOT problems just put the DPF pipe back on again with a standard map, simple really. If mapped properly there shouldn`t be any extra lights on the dash. PD140 and 170 have the same front end mate so no reason not to fit maybe just need the bracket weilded in a slightly different place. If you want a Twintercooler i have one that i was going to fit to my car if your interested.http://audi-sport.net/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=4446&title=forge-twintercooler&cat=15

10. Indie_DSG

Indie_DSG Member

Cheers Mikey

Forge wanted my car as a demo for a new Twintercooler for the PD170 - The Designer in Glocs said thay cannot confirm as yet if the standard one (Designed & Tested for PD140) will fit or work?

Will have to get some specs first.

Cheers for the offer will keep it in mind :)