1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine Misfire

eggman Jul 16, 2012

1. eggman

eggman New Member

Hi,

I have a problem with my 2004 AUDI A3 2.0 FSI. The engine has been misfiring, by this I mean it judders only on start up from cold and after driving for a while there are no apparant problems. It seems to be worse under load (going up a hill).

I have been to AUDI and they replaced the coil packs for free as they said it was part of some warrantly recall. After they did this it was ok for a few days and then I started getting the misfire again and the emission control light came back on.

I took it back to AUDI and the diagnostics came back as saying that there 'might' be a problem with the fuel injectors and that the Lambda sensor 'might' need replacing. If they had said they definately know it was the injectors then I would go ahead and get the work done but they want a lot of money to first investigate if it is that and then a load more to replace them.

Would faulty injectors cause these symptoms?...wouldnt I experience the misfire all the time and not only at start up?

Would a faulty Lambda sensor cause these symptoms?

After googling the problem I have tried putting fuel injector/ fuel additive in the petrol but it hasn't helped.

Thanks

2. Solz

Solz New Member