1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine Mgt, ESP and Emissions control light on - help!!!

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by razza1, Aug 1, 2010.

1. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

All 3 lights have come on and stay on, it was just the first two, which I've had before but were down to a fault in the sensor due to snow. That was cleared quite some time ago now and haven't had problems since.

Today the first two came on, so I left the car off for a while thinking it may clear, and now the emissions one has come on as well....

Any ideas? Also I'll need to get it somewhere, but it is safe to drive in these circumstances (from an engine/emissions damage point of view?

Cheers
    Darren
  2. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member

Are you still under warranty? If so then don't drive the car. phone your local dealer and get the car recovered.

If your not under warranty try and get the fault codes read or contact a local garage that have access to vag-com or vas to get an idea if the faults could damage the engine if driven.
  3. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

Not in warranty.... :(
  4. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

resolved, the throttle had been carbonised and was staying open, just needed cleaning, £105 (incl diagnosis I think) - cheaper than I'd expected the issue to cost me....