Engine management light !

Stubie

Reaction score
Morning guys ! My engine management light came on this morning . Car drives ok though any ideas ??

You've a 3.0 yes? Coil pack? Brake light switch?

Could be anything really!

have it scanned for fault codes
no way of knowing otherwise

Always on a weekend ! I'll take it to somewhere local and get it scanned ! Noticed it's never had a coilpack recall done ! We'll see what happens ! Still safe to drive ???

if it drives normal id carry on driveing it

i had this problem with my old motor, it would put the light on every time the weather got hot, or veyr cold,,,
the car still drove fine tho, and nothing ever missed or coughfed or splutterd once, i got a scanner/ diognostic tool and ran a test, it said mass air flow meter, i put a new 1 on £58 of ebay, got rid of the code and put the light out, 2 weeks later blink,, its on againe but the weather had got a bit colder. ran the test maf meter again,,,,,
put light out, blink, up ti popd again with a new code, cam shaft sencer bank 1 reeding fault???? then it was running too lean??? never got to the bottom of it, nor did audi, but the madist thing of all, when the weather got better the light went out,,,,all by its self....

Cheers for the replies !
Got in this morning and light was still on ! Short trip later I noticed it had gone off ?? Still off now ??
Anyhoo, a mate of a mate is scanning it tomorrow ! We'll see what happens !!

Hmmm...must be the time of year...my Engine Managment Warning light came on this morning also.....will scan it tonite.....somehow my Audi must "know" that I am due some back pay.....

Well folks...hooked up my VAG-Com this evening...and got the following error

19559 - Motor for Intake Manifold Flap V157 Malfunction P3010-35-10 Intermittent. Tried resetting, but as soon as I switched off ignition and back on, the fault came back instantly. Been quoted £175 to fix by a local indy, who reckon this is a common problem......is this an easy thing to fix ?

what car is it ?

Mine turned out to be coolant temp sensor !!
Nothing major, so happy with it !!

My car is a 2.5TDi Quattro Sport Avant......2003 vintage.....and this is the 2nd electrical, what looks like, expensive problem this year :-(