Engine Management Light has come on after turbo replacement

vinceremedy

Reaction score
hi

Have a 1.8t audi a4 and the turbo went on me, so have had it refurbished by universal turbos as it coould be saved and had new oil pump, oil pick up and engine flushed and new fully synthetic oil replaced. However while car parked after driving all afternoon i restarted it and then the engine warning light (sometimes called the emissions light) came on but not flashing glowing yellow/orange. The car didn't drive any different and i called the AA who didn't plug it in but started it up and said there was no suspicious smoke and sounded all well and good.

What should i do take it back to the garage where i had the work done? Or has anyone got VAGCOM nearby? Weymouth Dorset who could give me a clue?

The AA said it should be fine to drive and it wasn't misfiring or anything serious, but obviously i'm feeling a little worried as i have just spent £870 on the car! They said it could have been some left over oil in the exhaust system from the turbo failure causing the sensor fo flash up a problem.

Can anyone help?

The ECU stores fault codes, so you may need to get the faults cleared and see if it comes back. If you don't have access to VAG-COM then disconnect the battery for a little while and if there are no underlying problems the engine light should not come on.

The engine management light didn't come on before when the turbo went it was an oil pressure warning flashing up. this has now stopped. The engine light just came on while starting the car from idle? Have driven it again today o the shops again it seems ok, no clunky noises or mis-firing etc. So not really sure? Do you think it could be the 02 sensor?

no point guessing. get it scanned, clear the faults, and see if it comes back.