1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine Management Light 2.0TDI - any one got VAG-Com 2 save me getting Ripped Off

BP-Law1 Jun 5, 2011

1. BP-Law1

BP-Law1 New Member

Hi Guys, I'm a total newbie to Audi-Sport.net,- posted this yesterday in the wrong group (thanks for telling me Fran). Had my A3 2.0TDI 170 sport for just over a year (2007 model), just been in for 40k service & EML has popped up on the dash; could this be related to anything done on the service?, what problems could it mean to me? Cheers, hope someone can plug me in & tell me what this might mean (post code LA3) Cheers - hope to hear from you soon. BP

2. phil_w

phil_w Active Member VCDS Map User Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group Team Brill Red

Any loss of power/turbo whilst driving? Does your car have the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) ?

3. a9503128

a9503128 Guest

Just buy a VAGCOM from NHN, they have good resale value also.

4. BP-Law1

BP-Law1 New Member

Hi phil, no loss of power & yes it has a DPF. Any advice??

5. phil_w

phil_w Active Member VCDS Map User Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group Team Brill Red

Just a slim chance it's a faulty exhaust pressure sensor- had 2 A4s recently both with the same fault.
    Vcds would tell you for sure. Mine were done under warranty but I think the sensor is approx 50 quid. I'm assuming the same fault can occur on an A3 with Dpf

6. BP-Law1

BP-Law1 New Member

Cheers Phil, I'll get that checked out 2mrw. Hopefully thats it, better than lots of £ for a dpf. I'll post the results for others with same symptoms.

7. BP-Law1

BP-Law1 New Member

if anyone is interested fault was the exhaust pressure sensor. Now sorted.

8. FranA3

FranA3 events moderator Regional Rep Gold Supporter Audi A3 Team Brill Red

usual suspect that is , lamba sensor on the petrol engines is the same sort of problem