Engine management after Revo stage 1 and forge DV

Farmer_Harry

Reaction score
My car is a 57 plate 2.0 Tfsi. I had it Revo'd a couple of weeks ago, and at the same time had a forge FMFSITAT fitted. The engine management came on a few days later, I had it scanned by another forum member (B5NUT) and there where 3 faults, To Lean at Idle, Air system leak and over revving at idle. So we cleared these and it was fine for a few days, then it came back on, just been to have it scanned and cleared again, and it was exactly the same fault codes. The first 2 having occured once and the last having occured twice, which is the same as the first time we scanned it. Just wondering if anyone has had similar problems, or has any idea what it may be?
Cheers
Harry

At the risk of sounding obvious...have you checked 100% you dont have an air leak round the new DV. ? Try sticking the std one back in

At the risk of sounding obvious...have you checked 100% you dont have an air leak round the new DV. ? Try sticking the std one back in

+1. May be worth dismantling the DV and ensuring all the o-ring seals are present and correct, and that the plunger is working properly. It is possible not to seat the DV 100% flat as I'm sure there is a 'right way' to fit it, and it's possible to thread the bolts on the DV meaning you may not get a 100% seal. Also check all the DV hoses are linked up in the right order using the instructions on the Forge website.

Also check that the jubilee clips used to connect the hoses which tap into the manifold etc. haven't been overtightened and have snagged / split any hoses.