1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine light with no symptoms?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Av4nt, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Av4nt

Av4nt Well-Known Member
    Team Brill Red quattro Audi S4

Engine management light came on during my drive back from manchester today.

I stopped and waited a few minutes and restarted and it remained on. I have no power loss, no boost loss, no smoke from the exhaust, no leaks, oil level fine...

I drove it anyway as normal and its still on now that ive gotten home, cant get it into my garage for a day or so. Any interim ideas what it may be? Appreciate it could be a thousand things but EML on without limp mode etc is a new one for me.

Ta

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. i_786_i

i_786_i Member

Hi, You really need to run a scan to diagnose. I had one car with EML, no symptoms etc but on scan picked up Engine running lean.

4. sidibear

sidibear Looking for Zombies !!
    Staff Member Moderator Audi A4

On mine it turned out to be the air mass sensor, light on but drove fine with no symptoms anything was wrong.

5. Av4nt

Av4nt Well-Known Member
    Team Brill Red quattro Audi S4

I did wonder about Maf. im having it scanned soon just wanted any ideas beforehand.

6. mitch18

mitch18 New Member

It must be bug in the air Manchester coz mine came on last night driving past Manchester as well.I'm in the exact same position as you. Let's hope it doesn't cost too much to be repaired.