engine light flashing and massive vibrations

S3featesV9

Reaction score
right guys,

earlier today i was on route to birmingham airport. some saxo came up my **** so let him by and thought if follow him. got to about 115mpg and my engine management light started flashing and either gearbox/haldex/prop started to severly vibrate. slowed to 100 and it stopped and light turned off.

any ideas?

it may be something else but was coming from underneath and sounded like the rear??

cheers,

James

flashing EML and vibrations sounds like when my coilpacks went and it started missfiring. it was baaaaddd, proper pooped my pants

yeah i propper crapped my self. just scanned it, random missfire P0300 and P0304??

not long had all 4 packs changed by audi on recall?

ross wiki search revealed a few areas to check...but both the 300 and 304 code say to check injectors, coils. all of which have been chaged recently except injectors.

anyone had the p0300 or p0304 code? and that fixed it? it hasnt came on since it happened

firstly - are the gaps on your spark plugs correct, if the gap is too big coil packs fail and die very quickly......

thats what ive just been doing. got some new BKR7E plugs. took old out and measured. measured new and fitted them all. all of them were pretty much 0.7. took it for a spin and it hasnt thrown the fault up yet.

but like i said before it only happened the once on motorway at about 115. which i havent gone that speed since. and dont really want to.

looking at the outside of my cam sensor its pretty caked in oil. maybe that could do a clean, will i need to drop the oil to take this out?

what else can i check/clean/inspect without spending money.

if its gets worse and more often ill try the maf trick.

also fuel filter hasnt been replaced for foooooking ages...will this cause a fueling issue (creating a missfire)

i actually adjusted to 0.6, i use the desno .2 mm plugs

how old are your plugs? does it not happen close to the red line in 2nd gear?

fuel filters tend to last a while, unless you're putting chocolate in with your petrol lol my bet are the sparks

nah i wasnt at red line, 6th gear doing 110-115...taking a guess at 5k rpm?

ive changed the plugs now, old ones were about 8 months old.

hasnt done it since...and ive wasted a fair bit of fuel driving at 6k revs and just generally driving like a **** to see if it happens again. and it hasnt, but i cant help but feel...something isnt quite right. i dont have access to vcds either