Engine identification signs, Where is it engraved on Engine cant find it HELP PLEASE

Rusha4

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me if there is a way i can identyfy my cars real engine . I have been told by various mechanics that the car might not have the original engine . It has done 66 k and is petrol. Is there anyway of truly identifying the engine examining its codes hidden and stamped in the body . i have looked everywhere on engine block but cant find codes engraved . There is a sticker which gives correct VIN identification but its on a plastic cover which is lose on the engine bay. , dont know if anyone have just replaced the engine and replaced cover with this paper sticker . I'm getting paranoid the engine might be changed at some point . The MOT certificates and HPI gives the correct details with mileage to VIN ONLY details . this also accurate on V5 . But how do i tell if engine is the right one ?

MOT certificates mileage history is roughly 9 miles a year from 2007 .
Today I contacted Audi and they gave me a code to my specific car and said it should be somewhere on the engine block . a three digit letters and numbers . I asked them if this is engraved somewhere on the engine and they said YES .is there any other areas I need to look at stickers , engtravings , marks ?

I now looked everywhere but cant find it . Any ideas please anyone .

Last edited: