1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine identification signs, Where is it engraved on Engine cant find it HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Rusha4, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Rusha4

Rusha4 New Member

[Nov 25, 2013]
    Can someone please tell me if there is a way i can identyfy my cars real engine . I have been told by various mechanics that the car might not have the original engine . It has done 66 k and is petrol. Is there anyway of truly identifying the engine examining its codes hidden and stamped in the body . i have looked everywhere on engine block but cant find codes engraved . There is a sticker which gives correct VIN identification but its on a plastic cover which is lose on the engine bay. , dont know if anyone have just replaced the engine and replaced cover with this paper sticker . I'm getting paranoid the engine might be changed at some point . The MOT certificates and HPI gives the correct details with mileage to VIN ONLY details . this also accurate on V5 . But how do i tell if engine is the right one ?

MOT certificates mileage history is roughly 9 miles a year from 2007 .
    Today I contacted Audi and they gave me a code to my specific car and said it should be somewhere on the engine block . a three digit letters and numbers . I asked them if this is engraved somewhere on the engine and they said YES .is there any other areas I need to look at stickers , engtravings , marks ?

I now looked everywhere but cant find it . Any ideas please anyone .
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. Rusha4

Rusha4 New Member

[Nov 25, 2013]
    Anyone please