1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine guard .

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by dale86, Oct 9, 2013.

1. dale86

dale86 Member

I've trashed my engine guard today thanks to a filthy dirty farmer who left masssive lumps of mud all over the road from ploughing fields grrrr. After long heated arguements and trying to get him to cough up or try and resolve something through insurances ( as full engine guards are nt too cheap) I was told by my insurance it was going to be a dead end claim. So I'll be scouring breakers for a one and was just wondering if Quattro and fwd are the same item thanks.
  2. Gaz!

Gaz! Member

Do you mean the front Grill?
  3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Plastic undertray I assume?
  4. AlexGSi2000

AlexGSi2000 Active Member

I think new (aftermarket) ones can be had from ebay.
    Iv been meaning to buy one for ages as mines currently held on with cable ties!
  5. adamss24

adamss24 Active Member

I would look for a "panzer plate" also known as a "tuff trayz", they are made of 5mm alloy and will protect your engine...
  6. dale86

dale86 Member

Yeah it's the unfertray I'm after thanks just need to know if they are the same accross the model range.
  7. cjmcgrath

cjmcgrath Member

yeh they are the same i swiped one off of a 1.9tdi fwd for my 1.9tdi quattro and fits like a glove. i would imagine they are all the same since they just clip onto the subframe and front bumper and the drive shafts are nowhere near them so there would be no issue.
  8. dale86

dale86 Member

Thanks for the reply instill havnt got a replacement I need to with the snow coming and now I know any will fit it makes the search easier .