1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine / Gearbox mount problem?

duffy78 Apr 11, 2012

1. duffy78

duffy78 Member

Hi all,

Was wondering if anybody here can answer a query i have regarding my car. When in gear, say second, and I push on the accelerator the gear knob jumps very slightly forward. Upon taking my foot off the gas it goes back.

Is this normal? Is it a sign of worn gearbox mounts?

2. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

3. HEKTOR

HEKTOR Member

I had a similar issue like yours with my rs4, i since fitted 034 motorsport engine/gearbox mounts which have made a big difference and i am also changing the gear shifter linkage which will again tighten and shorten the throw and eradicate the slight play.

Drop me a pm if you want any pointers.

Eddie

4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I'd be interested to see the links to those Eddie.

5. HEKTOR

HEKTOR Member

6. duffy78

duffy78 Member

thanks.

when i say jump i may have been over exagerating slightly. It moves maybe 1cm if i dont have my hand on it, if i have my hand on it i can feel it try and move.

I may just monitor the situation if its not something to be overly worried about.