1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine Fault Codes

richrich14 May 11, 2011

1. richrich14

richrich14 Member

For some time a have repeated got the following engine fault codes when using my VAGCOM. Does anybody know what they mean? where can i access all the P reference numbers and what action should i be taking?

17748 - Camshaft position sensor (G40) / Engine speed sensor (G28) P1340
    16487 - Shareware version. To decode all DTCs P0103 Please register/activate - intermittent
    17545 - Shareware version. To decode all DTCs P1137 Please register/activate - intermittent
    17705 - Pressure drop between turbo and throttle valve (check D.V)
    17608 - Shareware version. To decode all DTCs P0200 Please register/activate
    17947 - Shareware version. To decode all DTCs P1539 Please register/activate

Help much appreciated

2. Sandip

Sandip Well-Known Member Team Nogaro Blue

3. richrich14

richrich14 Member

Sandip, great bit of info, thanks. looks to me it could be a dodgy MAF or/and N249 valve? I replaced the MAF only 8months ago and repaired all splits a few weeks ago but still get the codes.. I shall check functionality using the log but, like most things they are intermittent problems so difficult to nail the root cause straight away. I have checked the DV previously and seems to be OK. Is it possible to perform a throttle body alignment without a licensed VAGCOM i.e just the standard version?

I do get running issues. I get a hunt intermittently every 4 secounds, i.e idle revs drop from 850rpm to 600 and back in under a 0.5 sec. I sometimes experience, when coming up a halt (off load - hard braking or selecting neutral/coasting) the revs drop completely and sometimes engine stalls which is dangerous. Also my ESP light comes on and stays on somtimes, which could be related?

4. Sandip

From what you've said it sounds like a dodgy MAF, disconnect it and go for a drive to see if the problem goes away. If the hunting goes away and idle becomes more stable with the MAF disconnected then you need a new MAF.

Don't think you can align the throttle using shareware vag com, it does align itself when you put the ignition on though, you should hear a few clicks from it.

5. richrich14

richrich14 Member

Cool thanks again i shall try disconnecting the MAF when the problem comes back again. do Europarts do MAFs?

6. Sandip

They do but i'm not sure of the quality of them