1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine detail... advice please?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by fgaffney, Aug 31, 2010.

1. fgaffney

fgaffney Member

[Aug 31, 2010]
    I got hold of some Autosmart G101 today from the local rep and set about doing my first ever engine detail.

I was quite pleased with the results overall (I didn’t realise the Audi rings were silver?) however I was wondering if there was any way to clean up the rusty thing which can be seen bottom left corner?

I didn’t want to muck about with it too much as I didn’t know what it was, in fact I was even a bit wary using the pressure washer on the engine bay so decided to use a slow running hose instead

Can it be cleaned and if so what with and how?

Many thanks in advance.

[​IMG]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 22, 2014]

3. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Active Member

[Aug 31, 2010]
    I think thats the fuel filter mate.. the rusty bit. Recently replaced on my A4 (but on mine its tucked away and consealed out of the way)

Check my recent report; the Fiesta Zetec and Audi A3 job.. The same thing had happened to that one too - not that I tried tbh, but you may be able to lift a little with the likes of Autosol or similar? Worth a try anyway (could be easier for you to do if you were to take it off and do it properly)

Other than that though, looks as though you've done a fine job. Did you dress the plastics with anything?
  4. fgaffney

fgaffney Member

[Aug 31, 2010]
    Thanks for your reply Jim. I follow all your posts very closely and I'm slowly building my arsenal of products however I hadn't managed to get my hands on any AG Vinyl & Rubber Care before the job (I was too eager to see how the G101 would perform)!

I raked about in the shed and dug out some Armourall which I hadn't used for years so I just gave everything a quick once over with it. Not sure how long it’ll last mind?