1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine cutting out on a mondeo

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by imported_Nigma, Mar 27, 2006.

1. imported_Nigma

imported_Nigma Guest

Hi this is for a friend...

He was driving his 2000 1.8 zetec mondeo up the M1 at the weekend. When all the dials just dropped and the engine cut out. Power steering and brakes were still working.
    He pulls over and the car start again no problem. A little while later, the same again... engine and electrics seem to cut out.

He calls the AA out and the problems seems to disappear. It hasn't happened since.

Any thoughts?

Cheers, Anand
  2. benk

benk Member

The M1 isn't the best place for fly-tipping, try a country lane.

Most people ditch fridges, but you might get away with leaving a mondeo if you take a bike in the boot, etc.

To be honest though, I'd check battery terminals to make sure they are all nice and tight/clean - I had similar problems on a Citroen once - would work fine most of the time, but would sometimes cut out completely.
  3. bainsyboy

bainsyboy Guest

BK1, class mate and i cannot top it so will leave this thread and go look and see if the plane has taken off from the conveyor belt yet, i bet the passengers are well pi--ed off
  4. imported_hookie

imported_hookie Guest

[ QUOTE ]

Any thoughts?

Cheers, Anand

[/ QUOTE ]

No one suggested a gallon of petrol and a box of matches?
  5. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

Any thoughts?

Cheers, Anand

[/ QUOTE ]

No one suggested a gallon of petrol and a box of matches?

[/ QUOTE ]

4.5 litres of petrol, and a whole box of matches, a little extreme. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
  6. imported_hookie

imported_hookie Guest

Well your hardly going to fiddle around with a single match whilst trying to light a car doused in optimax are you, the 'genie' technique is probably far more practical /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
  7. bainsyboy

bainsyboy Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    Well your hardly going to fiddle around with a single match whilst trying to light a car doused in optimax are you, the 'genie' technique is probably far more practical /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

this isnt going the same way as the plane and conveyor belt thread is it? As ive only just woke up from reading that on sunday night /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif
  8. imported_hookie

imported_hookie Guest

Ford - Fix Or Repair Daily
  9. auroan

auroan Active Member

Audi - Absolutely Useless Dealer Infrastructure
  10. imported_hookie

imported_hookie Guest

FIAT Ferrari It Ain'T (does that count?) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
  11. tubtub

tubtub Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi this is for a friend...

He was driving his 2000 1.8 zetec mondeo up the M1 at the weekend. When all the dials just dropped and the engine cut out. Power steering and brakes were still working.

[/ QUOTE ]

He must be a very good friend for you to have the balls to ask a question about a F*rd in an Audi forum...
  12. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this isnt going the same way as the plane and conveyor belt thread is it? As ive only just woke up from reading that on sunday night /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Damm have i missed a whole thread, better bump that one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
  13. bainsyboy

bainsyboy Guest

TDI you will not miss it as its the thread with the mcdonalds gold stars by it, im not allowed to gain access in to it to read new posts as i just start swearing out aloud and then start to type them into this little grey box