Engine cranks but wont fire up...

DannyB95

Reaction score
Just done a oil change and when I started the engine up it ran for 15 seconds then the revs just went (putting my foot on throttle didn't stop it from stalling) and now it wont fire but cranks, tried to VAGCOM it and it came up with 2 faults, boost pressure failure (think its the N249) and the 18010; power supply terminal 30, voltage too low... if i hold the key trying to crank it after about 10 seconds it comes up with oil pressure warning...

Am I over thinking this cause I wouldn't of thought oil pressure would stop the engine turning over and not bringing up any sort of code on vagcom? even though its the trial?

My petrol light is on as well but the gauge is on a quarter of a tank so wouldn't of assumed it was not getting any petrol :L

any help or advice on what to look at / check / do would be very helpful :)

It has fuel, fuel pump works, the Sparks seem to be sparking and I put in a fully charged battery also cleaned the earth points under the tray but still nothing :(

Have you unhooked the fuel line put a bottle over it and seen if it actually is squirting fuel when it primes?