1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine covers (yes another one :) )

peteh May 2, 2014

1. peteh

peteh Member

Hi all, just fitted my engine covers to my tdi, firstly remember the pollen filter cover has to be removed before the large full width cover will go on, lol. Also the battery cover slides in from right to left, took me ages to figure that out. Haha

Part numbers are -

small slidy batt cover - 8E2 819 422 A0 1C
    Large rear full master cylinder,pollen filter, batt cover - 8E2 819 447 01 C
    right side washer bottle/power steering reservoir cover - 8E0 103 927 C0 1C
    left side air con pipe cover (behind airbox) - 8E0 103 928 B

Need a little help fitting the two side covers for those have already done this please....right hand washer bottle cover, it needs trimming for the top water hose yeah? Also the cover behind the airbox, how have people fixed this? Or left it loose and let the bonnet hold it down? But does this make it rattle?

Any help would great please.

cheers, pete

2. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

3. bradh

bradh Active Member VCDS Map User

i trimmed mine for the pipe i used a dremmel and removed a bit at a time till it looked neat and on the drivers side cover i put a couple of holes in the cover and just used black cable ties simple enough worked for me
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. peteh

peteh Member

Brilliant cheers lads, just what I needed.

It's the 1.9 tdi 130, but different to the above, but my passenger side cover is different to that one.

Now to buy a drimel, lol

5. bradh

bradh Active Member VCDS Map User

Mines the 130 sport too the pass cover is from an s4 as too is the other cover I think

6. peteh

peteh Member

well got them fitted today!! then ran out of black cable ties :(

[​IMG]

mattyb6 likes this.
  7. mattyb6

mattyb6 Active Member

Still need to do this to my 130.
    Looks so much cleaner

8. andy.l

andy.l Member

Yup, mine are still sat collecting dust in the garage :(

9. My engine cover is the bonnet! lol

MarcBennett likes this.
  10. sabaxter

sabaxter Active Member

Hello guys!

The ac pipe cover also requires a new air intake pipe. If you was liiking at your ontake at the front left of the vehicle the part is split down tthe middle. The half that physically runs into the airbox shpuld be changed when.fitting the ac pie cover.

Only reason od there are two clips molded onto the intake pipe which the ac pipe cover clips onto.
    And the hole on the panel slidedls over a small threaded bar near the rear of the bay. Hope this helps!

11. Greeny233

Greeny233 It's all about the V8. Team V8 Team Silver Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group

This is my next mod on the "to do list". End of the month me thinks