1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Signal Too High and N75 Open Circuit : Related?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by danderton, Mar 28, 2013.

1. danderton

danderton Member

[Mar 28, 2013]
    Hi Guys,

My car (S3 8L 210) has been struggling to start recently (and the temperature gauge had stopped working) so thought i would get it a quick scan.

I got two fault codes : 16502 Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor (G62) Signal too high intermittent
    And 7956 Boost Pressure Regulator Valve N75 Open Circuit P1548 -35 -10 Intermittent

The N75 fault has been floating around for a while even after replacing a large section of wiring (Not sure what to do now????? Any ideas?)

The other fault is new and looking at Ross Tech it seems a common problem however one of the known issues is do to with
    wiring, and i think (Assuming i am looking at the correct sensor) noticed the wires for both come into the same protective sleeve, do i have some underlying electrical issue or is it just coincidence?

Any ideas would be great.

Taken From Ross Tech:
    Possible Causes

• The electrical signal coming from G62 is too low
    • Wiring and/or connections faulty (short circuit?)
    • Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor (G62) faulty
    Possible Solutions

• Check wiring and connections
    • Check / Replace Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor (G62)
    Special Notes

• In many cars between MY 1995-2002 the G2/G62 had a bad reputation for failing often. The original G2/G62 sensor is black and the improved replacements are green.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]