Engine Carbon Clean

Mark Garfoot

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all,
As per title, have you ever thought about getting your pride and joy done?
I had mine done on Friday night, from a member of this forum "Cuppa". (what a nice guy, and his S5 just wow!!)
All I can say is what an improvement it has made, my engine (1.9tdi) is so much quieter, more responsive, no more sticky turbo veins and runs very smooth. I can highly recommend getting it done especially if you've got plenty of miles on the clock.

Reactions: Cuppa
Well worth it on NA TFSI engines. Buildup isn't so bad on boosted petrol cars, and somewhere in between on oil burners. Terraclean is ******** on TFSI engines too.

Reactions: Cuppa and Mark Garfoot
I just had the same thing done on my '09 S3 with 56k on the clock - results/review here

While the amount of gunk that came out of the exhaust was nowhere near to what some other cars that were done at the same time, it's still impressive how much of this stuff was in my own car. Biggest improvement is the engine noise - much quieter now, with just the typical TFSI tappety sound. Throttle response is a bit better too. I was impressed at the difference such a simple thing made. Can only imagine how much more of a difference it will make to a higher mileage car!

Reactions: Cuppa
Just spotted this thread - cheers for the feedback.

Would be more than happy to attend any regional mini-meets (as would any of the other franchisees I am sure) if there's interest in that kind of thing.

Reactions: Mark Garfoot