Engine bay part which connects into TIP (S3)

devan

Reaction score
After buying a Forge TIP from Welly, i went to look at taking my original Audi TIP off my car today, and noticed that one of the hoses which goes into the front side of the TIP has near enough broken off, and is hanging onto the TIP by a few strands.

The pipe goes from the TIP to a round black plastic thing (Not the DV) which sits to the right hand side of the engine block and in front of the TIP. Can anybody tell me what this does please?

I suppose now it was a good job that i bought the new TIP when i did :)
Also cheers again Welly!

Cheers,
Ash.

That would be the PCV (Crankcase ventilation) system dude.

The black round thing is known commonly as the 'hockey puck'.

Just replave it with a bit of generic hose, or silicone, or anything that will fit.

Glad you've got the TIP - hopefully looking next to brand new! It had a short lived time with me.... lol.

Good luck fitting it bud.

Ah right cheers for the info Welly.

Luckily its the actual "arm" which comes out of the original TIP which is broken, so i wont need to do anything appart from take the original hose clip off and then clip the hose onto the new TIP.

Yeah its looking great thanks, i just want to get it fitted now to get rid of this broken TIP, and obviously hopefully make things flow a bit better :)

Cheers.

Well today i got it fitted :)

It didnt seem to be a perfect fit though, but ive been for a test drive and very happy with it.

Although now my DV seems very quiet compared to when i had my old TIP on, i think this is because the hole in the old TIP was allowing the noise to escape out of the pipe and into the atmosphere (it was quite loud, but i thought that was normal for a Forge 007P). Also because of the hole in the TIP now being fixed, i can feel that the turbo spools up quicker during quick gear changes, so its all good :)

Cheers again Welly.