Engine air filter

shaheed

Reaction score
Do you reckon air filter for the engine to breath should be replaced every 90 thousand Km's. Is it? I'm reading maintenance manual and got to the conclusion that it would be replaced any additional 90k km's.
Please verify it please.
In my case, I'll clean it every 30k at least.

it should be changed dependant upon the operating conditions. If you were in the Iraqi desert it would need changing every 2 months for instance.

Its unlikely you'll be able to clean a paper filter without damaging it, just throw it away and get a new one, they're only about a tenner.

even in portugal i would change it regulary since it is quite dusty over there - especially in the summer months

where abouts from portugal are you from?

my grandparents lived in Loule, Algarve for 15 years!

The issue with air filter is that I use a cleanable filter, therefore I was trying to understand how the car maintenance behaves.

Two other questions about maintenance plans:
- for the TDI cases, I don't see anything about replacement of gasoil filter, any intervals, nothing
- manual refers change of oil and filter every 60k km's, for the "manual gearbox with automatic command". Is that manual ou auto gearbox? Does a mauinual gearbox uses filter???

Well I''m from Porto but working everywhere... ;) Scotland, London, Portugal...

No need to change air filter that often in Portugal, it is not that dusty! Perhaps in Algarve yes, but not Porto...

Shaheed what's your motor?

Pedro

Hi Pedro,

mine's 2.0TDi....
Is S3 also changing airfilter after 90kkm's? :p

/Nuno

Mine S3 is still at the dealers to be delivered... I ordered a lef hand drive to take to Portugal but the paperwork is taking so much time, soon I'll let you know...

Pedro

P.S.: writing in english so I'm not kicked out of the forum... :)