1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eng judder

Discussion in 'Classic Audi Forum' started by Schod, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Schod

Schod New Member

A6 1995/6 1984cc pet ABK manual transmission saloon.

There is a intermittant jolt/judder throughout the rev range.
    At idle the eng can almost stop and then abruptly pick up again, this action has a similar signature to the intermitant jolt/judder within the rpm range.

It seems more like an electrical cut out/in, although it could be a fuel cut out/in.
    At idle the action is quick. It does not seem to slow down slowly as a fuel cut out may do.
    The engine seems to almost stop quickly and then with a jolt pick up quickly to idle.
    At rpm above idle a jolt /judder is noticable which is less noticable at higher rpm.

In another forum it is mentioned that a spike was found at a coil.
    Does anyone know how to test for the electrical spike using a multimeter?
    It has been suggested that basic settings need doing, does this yr have basic settings?

Do these engines run at 90 degrees C?
    I had put in a temp' sensor from another eng and it showed about 50 degress C on the guage.

Some yrs ago I self checked the sensors and found relay 30 (eng' contr'l relay) was damaged.

This could be an OBD 1 compliant engine.
    It is very difficult to find specific info re this car/eng.
    Got various bits of info.

Thank you for any suggestions.
  2. sc_001

sc_001 New Member

I have a 1994 audi 80 sport, engine code ABK & I may have the same problem.

I reciently changed the engine & thats when the problem started. The new engine is identical to the last so I'm sure its an electrical fault.