Endurance racing

W

Wifeb4Life

Any other fans of Endurance racing on the forum?

Truthfully I only really got into it when I did the 24hr Le Mans race on Gran Turismo 6 (didn't win it and didn't try again or try the 24 hr Nurburgring but did appreciate it) but watched my first full race with the 2016 ADAC 24 hour Nurburgring and was hooked! 24 hours of the most difficult track, over 200 cars, the surprise snow/hail shower that caught everyone out and you see atleast 40 cars flying all over the track around just 2 corners, the excellent Radio Le Mans commentary team and the battle for the lead on the last lap was amazing with the winning overtake only only being made a few corners from the end. It was better than the whole F1 season (which I do still enjoy).

I've gone back and watched a few more I could find archieved, watched some of the american series and the 2013 Le Mans where sadly Allan Simonsen in the Aston Martin lost his life in a big crash.

Couldn't make the Silverstone 6 hour race this weekend just gone but hoping to next year and get my first taste of endurance in real life.

You'll see more amazing overtakes in a single race day or night than again the entire series of F1, Just love it and the Radio Le Mans team make it a joy to watch/listen too and you got to love Paul Truswell knowledge even being the only team member to stay awake the whole 24hr and sound almost drunk by the end of the race from exhaustion, brilliant.