1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

End of Warrenty inspection

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by RAPS3, Feb 12, 2004.

1. RAPS3

RAPS3 Well-Known Member

[Feb 12, 2004]
    I've just been to the dealers to drop my car of for some work to one of the Recaro seats,(see other post)
    Anyway I questioned why no one from Audi had been in touch regarding my warrenty, as it expires on Friday (tommorrow).

They told me that they only contacted customers for there free end of warrenty inspection and gave them the chance of extending, if it was the original 3 year manufacturers warrenty. Not an already extended one. (I extended it last year.)

Thinking about this, it will be more beneficial for the dealers if the warrenty expires and then we approach them for an extension again, as we would have to pay for the pre warrenty inspection.

I decided not to extend it again this year, due to the re-structuring of the warrenties it would have been nearly £750 for the same level of cover I had previously, which IMO is just that bit over the top.

What I have done though is pay for the end of warrenty inspection (got a good deal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) just in case there is anything else wrong, and also so I can get every penny out of them. Also there will be some record of the inspection in case anything does fail and I may then have some grounds for a goodwill gesture.

The moral :- If you have extended your warrenty dont expect them to get in touch before it expires for a final check up.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Feb 12, 2004]
    They're just not interested in older cars