End of an Era

jesters3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well it has happened after 205,000 miles, 8 Years of Ownership and one expensive year to date. My S3 has now been sold in a part ex for a new car for the missus.

I will post a bit more about the whole car and experience in due course once the sale has gone through.

:crying:

Just out of interest mate how much did they give you for the S3?

I'll give more details in due course - but it was a fair price in my mind.

Hasn't sunk in yet, but no doubt will hit me when I open my garage and not see my little baby there.

Sniff.

I was holding out for a S3 8P Sportback - but with a 3rd child on the way it was a no go.

You'll be back soon enough :), haha.

Upwards & onwards,

hold on ........ it dont get any better than Audi :blush:

Oh man!!!

Oh well, dont worry, im sure you will get into something just as cool :)

I'll give more details in due course - but it was a fair price in my mind.

Hasn't sunk in yet, but no doubt will hit me when I open my garage and not see my little baby there.

Sniff.

I was holding out for a S3 8P Sportback - but with a 3rd child on the way it was a no go.

:bye:

Just for those who were curious.

I got £1800 in a Part Exchange for a 05 plate Volvo XC90 with 60k on the clock.

My car had done 205k at point of sale and need a raft of work to get it back to a good conditon. This included, cambelt and waterpump, full service, haldex service, new propshaft and bearing, new bushes all round and new rear suspension. So I had to say bye bye to it.

To be honest I did have a little cry before she went but after 8years and 200,000 miles it was like losing the love of my life....sniff.

The wife got the XC90 and I now have a Skoda Octavia VRS. This will be remapped shortly and a couple of other bits to give it a bit more oomph.

Well this will be one of my final posts as I will be over on briskoda.net for the forseeable future.

However if my numbers come up I will be buying a new S3 so may well be back again!

Also on a side, i have 2 x Avus Alloys in my shed one is good and one has a few scuffs and a hairline crack - I need to get rid so if anyone wants em please pm me - conditions are you have to pick them both up from where I live near Oxford, I ain't interested in meeting or couriering them or splittling them up and all I want is £50.

Cheers

Still be lurking every now and again, just will feel an outsider with no Audi though! Forgot how long I've been a member in AS.NET, I could have sworn you were on before me back in the day after the TS issue.

Oh if anyone needs a middle section of the S3 Exhaust I have one to give away gratis - brand new never used just sitting in my garage.

Still be lurking every now and again, just will feel an outsider with no Audi though! Forgot how long I've been a member in AS.NET, I could have sworn you were on before me back in the day after the TS issue.

According to your join date, you've been a member since Jan2003, my join date is Sep2003, so you are trumping me on this one, I just have a load more posts cos I'm sad. :beerchug: