encounter with 206 gti

recomdos

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
ok, so last night this *** hole in a 206 was following me (at the time I didn't think much of him, as he was doing no harm really) until we got to a dodgy stretch of road (we weren't racing, I was just tootling along doing the speed limit but in a quick way if u know what i mean - i wasn't holding anyone up) then he just pulls out this dumb *** dodgy move and slams in front of me - making me brake hard! I wasn't impressed, especially when he only ended up going slower from a little crappy car slowing us all down up in front - what an ***!

anyway the lil car pulled off into teh petrol station and i was right behind this 206 - we both floored it (but only had probably 400 yards before big roundabout - but the road split into 2 lanes) he couldn't pull away from me - I was VERY surprised, as i know they are supposed to be quick and it's lighter than the audi (I imagine). so then we both do the roundabout - respect to him he didn't cut me up as such, but we get stuck behind another crappy car - but this is a dodgy stretch of road - no overtaking allowed at all! i was up his *** and he went for it - at which point I backed off and let the crazy fool put his life and car at risk - his *** must have been flappin.

but like i say i was impressed with the low end speed - unless he was in like 3rd gear (which I seriously doubt) I'd liek to see how we'd fair up on a motorway, I wasn't and still ain't expecting to be able to beat him (even though ma car is chipped) but i was shocked - anyone else had a run in with these? still french piece a [censored] at the end of the day - not a patch on my build quality.

also had a run in with a ****** lil clio - only a 1.2 jobby. pretty much the same sort of start (tryin to impress his fat chick - who was terrible) so I flashed for doing a dodgy move (expectin the lil fella to say sorry - instead he gave me the finga! heh heh) then he was in the wrong lane at roundabout - so we got alongside and he was calling me a w***a - but once he saw me and my mate, he soon stopped and shyed away (hilarious) so I got in front and did 15mph all the way up the road letting heaps of traffic build up behind him - he must have been panning himself thinkin we were gonna pull over and beat him up - so all the other cars will have been thinking - overtake the slow audi (but if he went for it - i'd floor it, so he'd look like a ****) i never disliked the french really - but beginning to get that way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif lol

I sold my lil fiesta to stop this boy racer 'image' as I don't particularly like it - fair play, nothing against boy racers, just no my scene. Thinking nobody would bother me in the audi, as it looks tame, but no - they all want a go don't they.

[ QUOTE ]
recomdos said:I sold my lil fiesta to stop this boy racer 'image' as I don't particularly like it - fair play, nothing against boy racers, just no my scene. Thinking nobody would bother me in the audi, as it looks tame, but no - they all want a go don't they.

[/ QUOTE ]

...so why behave like a sterotypical boy racer and rise to their bait? Surely there is little satisfaction to be gained by putting your license and the lives of these misguided reprobates at risk, and in the process marking both of you out as idiots.... Sounds like the guy in the 206 would have pulled that move on anybody, it was just your reaction that escalated the situation into a road race. Idiots in underpowered clios / 106s etc race with EVERYTHING! Leave them to harm themselves and not you and your pride and joy.

I have to agree with David R, behaving like a **** on public roads not only puts yourself at risk but innocent bystanders.

My mates currently facing 2 years in jail for being ****, hes getting off lightly in comparison to the person he hit.... just think before behaving like a ****.

yep - i totaly agree 2. I am actually a very reserved driver (though my post probly don't sound it there) such as with the lil clio I didn't 'race' him - but I ain't having people give abuse when they put u in a position of a potential accident! but yep I take it all on board and that's why I won't risk my car or more importantly my life - that guy in the 206 didn't have to go.......but he did. did i make him? maybe/maybe not - like you say he'd probly do it on anyone. I could have followed on, but nope - no thanx. and ur right david - she is my lil pride and joy! I love her! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Come on everyone, we've all behaved liked twats on the road, it happens to the best of us, sometimes it just has to be done.
Anyone who says they haven't is just plain lying.
But, yeah, need to keep it to the bare minimum.

Indeed, I'm supprised at the ammount of people that want to race me these days.

With regards to the 206Gti, I had a little run in with one of these on a pretty quiet A road early one morning on the way to work.

He gave me a little smile at the lights and we both booted it. Mines only a standard 225. But it left him for dead. I did get a good start. Then he beeped gave me the thumbs up and we went our seperate ways /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:
Come on everyone, we've all behaved liked twats on the road, it happens to the best of us, sometimes it just has to be done.
Anyone who says they haven't is just plain lying.
But, yeah, need to keep it to the bare minimum.

[/ QUOTE ] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

fanx! sheesh, I felt like a 5 year old being told off for puttin toast in the vcr or something. yeah we've all done it, and i dare say all learnt by it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. there are times and places - look at us, we all drive fast cars as standard, and most of which are modified (escpecially with chips) go figure. don't get me wrong I ain't gloryfying it, it's just the way it is.

[ QUOTE ]
James M said:
just need to keep it sensible

[/ QUOTE ]
in a mad, licence losing sort of fashion

I had a "discussion" with a bloke at a barbeque last weekend about motorway speeding. He claimed in the usual "holyer than thou" fashion that he never goes faster than 80mph. He was supporting the use of digital camera's on motorways as a measure for safer roads. I, of course, challenged his logic, stating that speed is only a major factor in 7% of accidents (TRRL figures), and that if the authorities are really using the technology to reduce accidents, then why don't they prosecute the people involved in every accident, rather than the people who could "potentially" cause an accident?

At this point he said he could no longer keep talking to me as I was making a lot of sense (although he didn't use those words).
As you say, we all drive fast cars, which, IMO, just makes it safer to do those crazy things, rather than cause us to do those crazy things. I used to be a madman in my 900cc Polo, I'd take anybody on, unfortunately it's just in our nature.

[ QUOTE ]
recomdos said:
fanx! sheesh, I felt like a 5 year old being told off for puttin toast in the vcr or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
About those lil saxo, nova, cosra boys...My town is just full of them!!!

Theres this road near to where i live i've named "the road of goodness"!! where its very wide (for a country road) and is almost like a race track (brand new tarmack) with very low hedges and fields all around (you can see if anythings coming)...Its a good place to test your cars out without worrying about on coming cars/Cops etc etc
Its roughly 6miles long.

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:
As you say, we all drive fast cars, which, IMO, just makes it safer to do those crazy things, rather than cause us to do those crazy things.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is so true. A good friend of mine used to have a Jetta GTi 16v back in the days when they were a tasty motor (in performance terms). He used to drive like a loon, but the car could handle it. Then he got a job with a company car and sold his VW. Trouble was, the rep mobile he got was a diesel Cavalier that wasn't even turbo charged. And he insisted on driving it the same was as his GTi!

The most scared I have ever been was when he tried to overtake on a single carriage way, unrestricted road. Nice, straight, long road. Slower vehicle in front (probably doing 55ish). My mate pulls out and plants it. Chug chug chug! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif An oncoming car which had been about half a mile away from us nearly had us before he managed to overtake. Scary stuff.

Performance cars are inherently safer than 'tractors' - but when things go wrong you usually fall from a greater height.

Dan

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:

At this point he said he could no longer keep talking to me as I was making a lot of sense (although he didn't use those words).

[/ QUOTE ] lmao!

heh heh - how was the food though? i can't wait for some good weather - love bbq's! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

We've all done the same at some stage in our lives, so enough said.

But guys just appreciate that not everybody has the same opinion of 'street racing', for want of a better term, and if you're going to post then expect to receive some flak...so would suggest these things are kept for down the pub.

P.S. You would of blown the Pug away, they aren't that quick....that is until you got to the twisties /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
We've all done the same at some stage in our lives, so enough said.

Agreed

But guys just appreciate that not everybody has the same opinion of 'street racing', for want of a better term, and if you're going to post then expect to receive some flak...so would suggest these things are kept for down the pub.

...........agreed

P.S. You would of blown the Pug away, they aren't that quick....that is until you got to the twisties /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ya reckon? I'd have thought they are much lighter than the A3?

If it's only the 2.0 Gti then yes a chipped A3T would easily outrun it, however if it was the RC (The 180 206) then it would be close but I would still expect the A3 to win, both from a standing start and definately once on the move....the torque figures will show through and 0-60 times prove the standing start.

0-60 in a chipped A3 comes atleast half a second quicker....but of course the above is dependent on driver.