1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enabling Features..

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_timcoupe, Oct 19, 2004.

1. imported_timcoupe

imported_timcoupe Guest

[Oct 19, 2004]
    I should be getting my A3 shortly, and I've heard that whilst at the dealers, they can enable 'automatic door locking over 15MPH'...is this true? also, what other features can they enable/disable as the Brochure doesn't mention a thing..

Thanks.

Tim.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 30, 2014]

3. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Oct 19, 2004]
    Yes you can enable this feature. You can also enable the alarm beep on activation.

These are quick 2 minute jobs and can be performed by anyone with vagcom (or the dealers equipment of course!)

Hope this helps
    Rich.
  4. imported_timcoupe

imported_timcoupe Guest

[Oct 19, 2004]
    ..Cheers Rich,

Do you know what other features can be enabled though?

Tim.
  5. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Oct 19, 2004]
    I know the most popular ones are the ones that we have already mentioned.

There are other things you can do with the vagcom tool but not like the features above...

Do a search in the vagcom section as I'm sure this has been asked before...

Cheers
    Rich.
  6. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Oct 19, 2004]
    Pimp, If you're free on this coming saturday, why not make a trip to the rolling road session at AmD, as I'm sure there will be someone with a vag-com handy to access your auto-locking feature. Also gives some of us a chance to meet the Pimp Meister.
  7. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

[Oct 19, 2004]
    Another useful feature that I had done was central locking; 1 click opens drivers door only, two clicks open both doors and unlock boot. This is more useful on my A4 since it stops people potentially jumping in the back or swiping something off the passenger seat and or boot.
  8. imported_AudiAuto

imported_AudiAuto Guest

[Oct 19, 2004]
    lol. Nah im all taken this weekend, got to see the girlfriend. But where is AMD just out of interest?
  9. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

[Oct 19, 2004]
    I am going to Amd this weekend with xvw.. see you there...
  10. jojo

[Oct 19, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    pimpmyaudi said:
    lol. Nah im all taken this weekend, got to see the girlfriend. But where is AMD just out of interest?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bicester in Oxfordshire, bring the GF along too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Also, you could get a diagnostic of your car whilst you're there, see if the MAF is knackered or not... just a thought /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
  11. imported_AudiAuto

imported_AudiAuto Guest

[Oct 19, 2004]
    I'll see what she says, for some reason tho i don't think she'll agree to watching being rolled all day, but ill try my best /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.
  12. jojo

[Oct 19, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    pimpmyaudi said:
    I'll see what she says, for some reason tho i don't think she'll agree to watching being rolled all day, but ill try my best /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are aloud to leave at any time dude /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif, but will probably cost you a tank of fuel there and back lol, 200 miles is seriously **** Pimp, so better to get it checked out.
  13. imported_AudiAuto

imported_AudiAuto Guest

[Oct 19, 2004]
    yea tell me bout it. I don't really think theres anything wrong, but seriously i don't think im gonna b able to make it on saturday, its quite far as well. Where else can i go to get a check? near leicestershire