enable CDC port

plezz

Reaction score
Hi all, i've just added a Connects2 ipod adapter to my 2010 A3 Chorus stereo but it doesnt seem to be visible by the Chorus HU as it wont change over to CDC from CD, and it doesnt even charge my ipod (with the charging adapter). I've heard somewhere i may need to activate the port on the stereo but i wouldnt have a clue where to begin doing this.

is this something only Audi dealers can do, or is it possible to do this myself?

if so, would anyone be able to tell me how i might go about doing this? Any advice whatsoever would be very appreciated!

Regards,

Plezz

If it is wired up correctly and working then no enabling is required, it will just see the unit and switch to CDC by pressing the CD button.

So are you sure it is wired up correctly?

Hi Craig, thanks for the reply, ive had another look this evening and it seems i need to wire the earth cable to the stereo - as soon as i hold the cable against the back of the HU it all comes to life. I just need to find a way of doing this!

i was thinking of taking some of the insulation off the cable, and somehow attaching it to a screw.

unless anyone out there has any better (safer) suggestions?

It's quite a common mistake for people not to ground that wire and assume it would be ok. I always connect it to the thick brown ground wire of the radio harness.

Thanks s8craig. i dont remember seeing a brown wire, but to be honest i wasn't looking out for one last time i had the HU out. I'll have a look at that later, as that sounds quite a quick and easy way to do it (as long as some of the cable is already exposed).