1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EMS (3rd time in 3 weeks)

engdan May 19, 2005

1. engdan

engdan New Member

EMS light came on about 3 weks ago took it to Audi Lancaster in Manchester, they said some **** about it needed reseting and charged me £44.06, 4 days later its back on again, this time they say its the Lambda try to charge me £44.06 again and say i have to bring back in 8 days for the repair which will cost me £150, after a short discusion he loses the £44.
    Anyway the work was carried out 2 days ago and today the EMS light is back on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

What do you think ?
    I have had the car over 3 years and never had any problems with it until now!!

2. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

How is the car running? Does it seem ok? Perhaps you could get someone with vagcom to take a look?

3. Masterm8fo

Masterm8fo Warmonger

yes I have been charge 1/2 hour labour also to reset the light on a few different occassions(faulty MAF/Coil Pack/Throttle Housing...soon adds up to big bucks)
    came to the conclusion that audi dealers are thieving basterds who need castrating

If u cannot gain access to the vagcom tool from a fellow friendly forum user then you can reset the light yourself by disconnecting the battery for about 1/2 hour but should only do this provided you know the reason for the light coming on in the first place
    I did this a few times myself when i was waiting to replace my faulty MAF and avoided wasting beer money at the stealer

4. engdan

engdan New Member

The car Runs absolutely fine.
    I talked to service manager today he is getting a Master Technician to take a look, so i will have to c what he says, just hope they dont try saying its something else again....... i also mentioned i wanted the money back for the last so called repair, but i might be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif in the wind with that.

5. engdan

engdan New Member

Just got it back today ! the master technician took a look and found a problem to be a worn lead/ hose or something like that, they are going to take it in again thursday and replace it.
    They also mentioned lookng into giving me a refund for the previous wrongly diagnosed repairs.