1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emptying oil catch can

millsy75 Mar 29, 2014

1. millsy75

millsy75 Active Member

Hi guys, i'm just after any tips please - i'm just about to have a go at emptying my Saikou Michi Oil Catch Can for s3 8l.

Did you guys just unscrew the bit at the bottom and catch any gunk?

Thanks

2. Lavis89

Lavis89 Well-Known Member Regional Rep Team Sprint Audi S4 Audi A3

I usually take my car out for a drive so it's nice and warm then stick a little plastic cup under the outlet and let it drain, oil shouldn't get too hot seeing as it's just the breather system

millsy75 likes this.
  3. millsy75

millsy75 Active Member

Thanks mate, I just used an old aerosol lid and placed it in the bay under the catch can then undid the drain plug and it flew out didn't need to warm the engine up. I had left it about 3 weeks and the plastic aerosol lid was about 3/4 full. I was quite surprised!!

Will post some pics if I can remember how!

4. millsy75

millsy75 Active Member

5. millsy75

millsy75 Active Member

6. millsy75

millsy75 Active Member

7. Lavis89

Lavis89 Well-Known Member Regional Rep Team Sprint Audi S4 Audi A3

I got about the same amount after 1000 miles, quite a effective mod! Surprising how much **** it chucks back through your system

8. JudderMan

JudderMan Well-Known Member

I haven't emptied mine yet hut haven't driven it far wasbplanning on next week...

Millsy what is yours bolted to?

9. millsy75

millsy75 Active Member

A custom bracket was made which attaches to the back of the catch can and is bolted down under the bolt which secures the battery to the body. Wanted it to look stealth and hidden under the plastic cover. The only problem is when I need to empty the catch can I have to un-bolt it because it's so snug. It wasn't a problem though - took less than 10 mins to do, only 1 bolt to undo.

10. The Doctor

The Doctor Well-Known Member

Mine's here (spot it behind the engine cover); I typically empty it every 1k miles and get a "pot" full of brown engine-smelling liquid out each time. Definitely worthwhile doing and easy to access in this location:

[​IMG]