Emptying oil catch can

millsy75

Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm just after any tips please - i'm just about to have a go at emptying my Saikou Michi Oil Catch Can for s3 8l.

Did you guys just unscrew the bit at the bottom and catch any gunk?

Thanks

I usually take my car out for a drive so it's nice and warm then stick a little plastic cup under the outlet and let it drain, oil shouldn't get too hot seeing as it's just the breather system

Reactions: millsy75
Thanks mate, I just used an old aerosol lid and placed it in the bay under the catch can then undid the drain plug and it flew out didn't need to warm the engine up. I had left it about 3 weeks and the plastic aerosol lid was about 3/4 full. I was quite surprised!!

Will post some pics if I can remember how!

I got about the same amount after 1000 miles, quite a effective mod! Surprising how much crap it chucks back through your system

I haven't emptied mine yet hut haven't driven it far wasbplanning on next week...

Millsy what is yours bolted to?

I haven't emptied mine yet hut haven't driven it far wasbplanning on next week...

Millsy what is yours bolted to?

A custom bracket was made which attaches to the back of the catch can and is bolted down under the bolt which secures the battery to the body. Wanted it to look stealth and hidden under the plastic cover. The only problem is when I need to empty the catch can I have to un-bolt it because it's so snug. It wasn't a problem though - took less than 10 mins to do, only 1 bolt to undo.

Mine's here (spot it behind the engine cover); I typically empty it every 1k miles and get a "pot" full of brown engine-smelling liquid out each time. Definitely worthwhile doing and easy to access in this location: