1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emissions Light

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Chewy 05 1.6FSI Sportback, May 22, 2009.

1. Chewy 05 1.6FSI Sportback

Chewy 05 1.6FSI Sportback 05 1.6FSI Sportback

Hi all,

Just after a little advice if possible, on my way to work this morning the emissions light on my 1.6FSI Sportback flashed twice, a couple of seconds each time. Ive only owned the car a few weeks and its not happened before but just wondered wether its something I should be worried about or not?

Thanks again guys!

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Boydie

Boydie Boycie
    VCDS Map User

Just keep an eye on it - I would be more concerned if the light stayed on

4. Chewy 05 1.6FSI Sportback

Cheers will do, don't know wether the engine being cold first thing this morning had anything to do with it?

5. gixxer600k4

gixxer600k4 Member

with all the electrics in the car, sometimes they decide to have a crazy day. about a week after i got mine, the emmisions light came on, power steering and esp light, pulled over, shut her down and then started up again and all was fine. like boydie said, keep an eye on it, if it stays on and then you go into limp mode, then you will need a fault code read!

6. Chewy 05 1.6FSI Sportback

Yeah while I was at the lights I did the same and restarted it and seemed ok..my missis has got the car today while i'm at work so alternatively if anything does happen I can blame her!!!