1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emissions Light

sub39h Feb 19, 2011

1. sub39h

sub39h Active Member

hi guys - another question from me. today whilst driving my 2006 2.0T DSG the emissions light came on. it happened to coincide almost EXACTLY with the car complaining it needs a service. my 1.6 never threw up a warning light on the dash when it needed a service, and the manual makes no reference to it either. i take that there is actually a fault of some description, and that the servicing this is just a coincidence? anyone with VCDS in West Yorkshire feel like doing me a favour :)?

2. mike foster

mike foster Fossie VCDS Map User

Where are you Sub ? Anywhere near junction 28 on M62 ?

3. sub39h

sub39h Active Member

thanks for the quick reply. i live in north leeds, but i'll be travelling south to birmingham tomorrow afternoon. if you could help me out (and tell me if i should be driving long distances at all in the car!) you'd be doing me a massive favour. how much can i expect to pay you for your time?

4. mike foster

mike foster Fossie VCDS Map User

Sub - you have PM

5. sub39h

sub39h Active Member

You have a reply. A sincere thank you for the effort

6. kdotman

kdotman Member

Im from leeds with vagcom mate

7. sub39h

sub39h Active Member

me and mike had worked something out, however the light seems to have gone off this morning. i can't for the life of me figure out why - it was on all day yesterday, and persisted when i turned the car back on after a tesco shopping trip

weird

8. nik patel

nik patel Member

My emissions light came on couple of months ago, turned out to be the nox sensor cost inc. labour was £600!!:mad: