Emerald k6+

NIGE28

Reaction score
Been looking into the emerald k6+ ecu and had a little search, is there anything extra that you need other then the ecu itself and the p n p adapter ? The s3 already as a wideband so I'm guessing you can use that for the adaptive learning?

Is there anything else thats needed ?

Unless the K6+ has a controller built in (pretty sure it hasn't) you will need a separate wideband controller to use wideband adaptive fuelling

<tuffty/>

O I see, didn' really want any gauges in the car as I use the FIS display but if it's needed cheers tuffty

O I see, didn' really want any gauges in the car as I use the FIS display but if it's needed cheers tuffty

Emerald has no wide band controller... you will need an external controller... these can be just a module or built into a gauge... Emerald just needs to see the 0-5v output from the controller to be able to do adaptive fuelling

<tuffty/>

Which controller ould I need as there are quite a few ? Some are just circuit boards ?

Cheers, do I need to buy the lsu 4.9 sensor aswell ? Or will it plug onto the existing wideband sensor

Been looking into the emerald k6+ ecu and had a little search, is there anything extra that you need other then the ecu itself and the p n p adapter ? The s3 already as a wideband so I'm guessing you can use that for the adaptive learning?

Is there anything else thats needed ?
basic plug in and go yes, K6+ plus adaptor loom and it will go.
wideband will not plug direct into K6+, needs a wideband controller which feeds a 0-5v into the ecu for wideband fuel control

Is there any real difference between the 4.2, 4.9 and LSU sensor?
yes, different and should not be swapped. If you use 14point7 it uses 4.9 sensor which comes with the 14point7 kit anyhow
alternative controllers like the superb Zeitronix use 4.2 sensors