Elsawin instructions needed

shariain

Reaction score
Website
www.barshargsd.com
I am going to attempt to fit new rear pad this afternoon and I'm looking for Elsawin instructions on how to do this task. i have got myself a piston windback tool, a 7mm allen key and copper slip is there any other special tools required to do the job

My car is 2004 a3 3.2v6

Thanks

Only special tool needed is the caliper windback tool. I wouldn't even follow the Elsawin manual as its pretty straight forward..

Remove the wheel and remove the caliper which is held on by 2 nuts (8-10mm iirc). Remove the old pads. Wind back the caliper with the tool. Lube up the caliper and the back of the new brake pads and reinsert. Tighten the caliper back up.

Job done! :)

If you find you cant wind back the piston as its becomes too stiff...... wind it the other way as sometimes you can get a hydraulic lock within the piston and this releaves the pressure within it. As jb0o said its very straight forward and should take you no more than 1.5 hrs. Remember and monitor the brake fluid reservoir and drain if necessary as it will rise when you wind out the piston.

I have got a 50ml syringe for the brake fluid.

Thanks for the replies I didn't know it seems a simple task and I have Elsawin instructions now as well. So it's all good.

Well that wasn't a very productive afternoon the rear passenger side changed no problem but the drivers side the calliper had seized and took sometime to free also the rubber seal around the piston has almost came off and has some holes in it. But managed to get the brakes done but going to need to have another look at the drivers side when I have more time and see if there is anything that can be done to the calliper to fix it or just source a replacement for it.

Yeah rear pads were a pain in the *** for me 2. The rear nearside seized, bent my windback tool trying to wind it back, So I gave up and started pumping the brakes and the brake piston and seal fall out with lots brake fuild. Had to buy a new caliper and bleed the brakes. Never doing the nears again. Fronts are a piece of cake though

you pumped the brakes with the brake off the car ????? lmao

Got a replacement caliper today so hopefully get it on at the weekend.

Shariain,
Do you know the part number of the caliper? I've had exactly the same problem today with my 3.2 v6, same sides too. Can't even get the old pads back on so the car is going nowhere.

Euro Car Parts seems to have two different models for rear offside calipers, is this where you got your replacement one from too?

Regards,

MT

Shariain,
Do you know the part number of the caliper? I've had exactly the same problem today with my 3.2 v6, same sides too. Can't even get the old pads back on so the car is going nowhere.

Euro Car Parts seems to have two different models for rear offside calipers, is this where you got your replacement one from too?

Regards,

MT

I got my rear caliper from eBay someone was breaking a 2004 v6 I don't know the part number for it. I tried Tps £120 and ECP was £90 for a piage (sp) and a £40 retention until I dropped off my old caliper but had to be ordered and the one on eBay was a cheaper and quicker option for me got it for £40 posted was in great condition so was happy to go down that route.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Thanks man,

Any guesses to which one of these ECP part numbers would be the correct one?

I'm guessing its the second one as its the most expensive and out of stock!! :keule:

Thanks man,

Any guesses to which one of these ECP part numbers would be the correct one?

I'm guessing its the second one as its the most expensive and out of stock!! :keule:

Sorry dude have no idea. You could try and get the original part number from the dealer or Tps and quote that to EPC to supply you the right caliper. Do they not have it listed with the size of the brake disc.

Thats my confusion one part says "rear right" the other "rear axle right", both say 41mm piston. The only other difference is the first one also says 22mm disc which I think is standard on most models anyway?

Don't worry, I'll give the dealer a shout on Tuesday, they're pretty good at giving out the part numbers.

Thanks again.

MT

does anyone know how to change the language from German to English?

Are you logging in as admin this account is german, You should have created another account which is english. There are many you tube videos describing the set up process.

thank you! I finally got it working. The only issue now is finding what I am looking for, I have a pretty bad coolant leak and I wanted to see if they could help me identify a few parts before I just started to remove them lol

It takes a while to find your way around, it's fairly logical the way it's done but sometimes things are tricky to find. Try using the search facility.

Reactions: hentotheree