Elsawin and Windows Vista

pns2007

Moonstone Grey
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Does anyone use Elsawin on a PC running Windows Vista. I have purchased a copy of Elsawin and thought I could run it on my PC (with Vista) using the XP compatability mode. I have installed it but keep getting errors.

Anyone have any advice please.

Thanks

Try VirtualMachine instead. I couldnt ever get it to work in compatibility mode.

yeah use it all time mate, check you've installed the data files aswell mate & sometimes a reinstall fixes this, also check where the data is installed cause vista now has the program data folder aswell as program files, should work of default install locations tbh & usually in the top level of the c: IIRC, just got new lappy so cant check, but have used numerous times on vista & new installs of vista without problem

Thanks Guy's. Installed virtual box and everything is now ok. Took some time though as I got rid of my XP disc when I sold my computer so had to beg it back.

Not connected to the internet yet though, and to get some info it says I should put my vin number in and then trys to connect to the internet. Is this ok? or is it intended that you only use the repair manual and not the other functions.