1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elm 323 vs Vag-com

g60leigh Jun 23, 2008

1. g60leigh

g60leigh Well-Known Member

Hi guys I have an ebay lead and vag-com free version
    but fancy an upgrade

through a mate at a garage I can have a legitimate user copy of the latest vag-com under his account but need a genuine lead, does anyone knowe where I can get one for realistic money?

has anyone tried these elm scan leads on ebay, they are all a bit more expensive, but are they any better?

cheers

2. Fraser

Fraser Member

original rosstech is the way to go

gendan are a uk distributor

some have come up on ebay, i missed out on a full hex-usb+can at 125 the other day. otherwise the full price one is an investment as it pays for itself pretty soon

3. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Well-Known Member

If you buy the genuine lead, I think the most up to date software is free anyway?

4. g60leigh

5. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

It looks like it will work just fine

6. Issac Hunt

Issac Hunt Active Member VCDS Map User

Its counterfeit for sure. It probably will work with version 704 OK, but wont work with the latest version 805.

7. g60leigh

why do you think it wont work?
    as ar as I can see all the cheap ones only work up to version 4

8. olds_kool

olds_kool Active Member VCDS Map User

it should work fine, my dongle is not made by ross-tech and says assembled in uk on it, but works fine with every version of vag-com, and i registered it fine with ross-tech, i beleive it was from a uk company who made them under licence a few years ago

if im wrong feel free to correct this but as far as i can tell all versions of vag-com are free to download and use (shareware), what you can do with it is down to the cable you have, if you register it you get support from ross-tech, if you buy cable used then you have to pay to register it

how much did you get it for?