Electronic Parking Brake Again

mattyn

Reaction score
Reposted into the correct forum.....

I have endured an intermittant Electronic Parking Brake for the past few months, which really became serious last night, when it would not release at all, with the associated warning on the dash.
So investigation this morning, with wheel off, lots of WD40 on the electrical plug on the rear of the inboard side of the rear left caliper, but with no success. I disconnected this plug, cleaned it, reconnected with no success. I pulled back the protective sheath of this plug and found one of the two wires was broken, and the exposed ends exceptionally dirty.
It has been temporarily fixed with a small nail (I know) and a good clean of the wires to make the connection, and works ok at the moment - but what I want to know is -
1. Now the brake is released on that side, if I disconnected the plug and left it dangling, would there be issues to the brake system |(the abs seems to work by the smaller electrical plug on the forward of the caliper)? Am i right in thinking only the parking brake is affected by this plug?
2. The break in the wire is right under the sheath, and close to the plug - how easy is a fix on this?

Thanks in advance

you will be able to get a repair connector with a length of wire from audi

you could just release the brake then pull the fuse for that side, they are fused individully 30a i think

diesel auto 53 plate. All appears to be fine but last few days there has been a knocking/clicking noise from front end of engine. I've just had cam belt and water pump and tensioner done also oil and filter ... I have had a few people have a listen as the sound is very intermittent and can be when car is hot or cold. I went to audi this morning and it took him 10 mins of driving and only when he pulled up did it make the noise. He suggested the garage that did the belt change 2 days before I got the car should take a look first as they had the front end off ... So I have arranged to see them but any ideas would be a great help. I can make the noise come on by putting into reverse and without touching the accelerator let the car slowly creep back and there is the noise. As soon as I break it stops. It lasts 5 seconds 10 at most. It's random and not all the time. Can happen if I let the car move forward as in creep before I accelerate. Any suggestions ?

What has this got to do with mattyn electronic parking brake fault. If you have a problem relating to your A6 best start a new thread using a title that describes your fault, and as you have a 53 plate car your in the wrong section, you need the C5 section

Reactions: audiwaterpump