Electrical window problems

NiklasStrom

Audi A4 B6 1.8TQ s-line
Reaction score
Hi

I have a weird problem with my electrical windows. its only the driver and passanger side windows that are electric, rear Windows are on cranjs(or whatever it is called)

The switches have two positions, or two "clicks", one for manuel controll and one for automatic. On the passenger side switch, all works perfect. On the switches from the driver side, the button for passenger side window, only manual down and automatic up works. On the driver side, its automatic up and down, but no manual.

Have anyone ever come across this? Is it just some loose wiring? Thanks in advance for answer, and sorry for poor explenation.

Although it's just a tip, if I understand correctly, I would change the switches on the driver's side.

My driver's switch for the passenger window I would have to press really really hard for the window to go down. Would go up fine though. Also the auto wouldn't work. Changed the drivers side switch (5 buttons, as is a cab), and all work fine now.

As I discovered around 2 days ago, mine have a rather more exotic issue :D
From one day to another suddenly all the windows stopped working. They are not working either if I press any of the switches nor with the key. I have no idea what could cause the problem.
Everything else related to central electronics are working fine, central locks, interior lights, headlights, mirrors etc, except the windows.
I found a thread here, but seems noone knew what could possibly cause a problem like this. Have anyone met with this problem?

EDIT: I checked with VCDS (12.12 adn 15.7) and there is no fault codes anywhere. Actually I am half-sad, half-happy about this...

Last edited:
As I discovered around 2 days ago, mine have a rather more exotic issue :D
From one day to another suddenly all the windows stopped working. They are not working either if I press any of the switches nor with the key. I have no idea what could cause the problem.
Everything else related to central electronics are working fine, central locks, interior lights, headlights, mirrors etc, except the windows.
I found a thread here, but seems noone knew what could possibly cause a problem like this. Have anyone met with this problem?

EDIT: I checked with VCDS (12.12 adn 15.7) and there is no fault codes anywhere. Actually I am half-sad, half-happy about this...

Fuse?

I checked #10 and it's OK.
Then I checked a couple of others, which seemed to be related to windows according to the fuse cover ( I cannot remember which ones exactly) they are all OK.

Seems like i have to order some parts then. I'll check the switches later today first, just to make sure there are no falty connections

the reset didnt work, so il get a new set of switches. thanks anyway