1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electrical problems.

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Teaboy, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Teaboy

Teaboy New Member

Hi all, first post.

Ok, i've giving my car a full valet, and some of the electrics got wet. Seats and carpet was soaking wet. Dashboard and steering wheel area got cleaned down with a wet soapy sponge. Hoovered out, dehumidifier and electric fan in.
    When I started the car, the lights were flashing on and off by themselves, alarm going off, moisture in the air conditioning unit moisture in radio along with other problems. After the lights stopped flashing, they all worked apart from manually flashing the main beam.
    Eventually got VAG COM connected after K1 was grounding out.
    Have spent two weeks drying connections out and other little bits and pieces.

Problems I now have : two sidelights gone off, nearside headlight off, manual main beam flash not working still. (all of the lights were working until yesterday, apart from the main beam flash) The little sidelight and headlight LEDS behind the sidelight and headlight switch illuminates now and then, then goes off. These two little LEDs were previously not working. No fault's been picked up with vag com to do with lights.

Secondly, one fault on vag com scan : 01826 Sensor for steering angle (G 85), supply voltage terminal 30. 35–00 -

Have had this off and had it on radiator. Tried to recalibrate. Gone into measuring blocks and steering angle stays at -2.5 and rotation just flickers around zero. Supply voltage terminal 30 Flicker around 13.8 v.

After you have finished laughing at my stupidity, I would appreciate some help from someone that has a brain.

Thanks in advance: CJ

Audi A4 B6 04 plate. 1.9 Tdi Quattro sport Avant.

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. AlexGSi2000

AlexGSi2000 Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User

I had a similar issue with water ingress a few months back.
    The culprit for me was the CEM (Central electronics module) had water in it.

The unit is located amongst the fuse-board under the steering wheel and looks like this (remove plastic trim above drivers footwell);
    02 05 Audi A4 A4Q S4 Onboard Power Supply Control Module Computer 8E0907279F | eBay

Remove it - open it up and dry out any moisture.

Failing that it could be the CCM module (Comfort control) located in the passenger foot-well, this may need drying out too - see the pictures on the below thread;
    Power windows, locks, dome lights no longer work - Page 2 - TDIClub Forums

4. Teaboy

Teaboy New Member

Thanks Alex.
    just taken the central control module off. All connections seem dry, no corrosion. Still had the thin layer of dust on top of it no sign of water ingress in or around it.
    Also just taken the comfort module under passenger seat out, slight dampness under the carpet but inside box and module seems dry. Can't get module apart. looks dry no corrosion.

5. AlexGSi2000

AlexGSi2000 Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User

Personally - my next port of call would be to look at / replace the light switch.

The steering angle code could be the sensor itself - I have had it flash up on my car a few times.