electrical problems (mirrors and interior lights)

afcjay

Reaction score
can anyone help
both my eletric mirrors wont adjust and the lights behind the sun blinds dont work.
checked the lamps for the lamps and they are fine
does anyone have any ideas
anyone know the fuse numbers etc i should check etc?

Go into your handbook and find the page with the fuses listed use that to identify the numbers of the fuses you sould be replacing. IIRC the lights in the visors only light up when you got the mirror open.

think im oing to have to invest in a haynes manual to be honest as i cant find my owners manual.
i took the fuse cover off and checked all the fuses in there.normally all the imfo is on the cover itself
i cant work out the visor lights as all the other interior lights work ok eg glovebox,boot and normal interior lights? would have thought they would all be on the same circuit?
as for the mirrors,as they both dont work im thinking it must be a fuse.
there are some spare spaces for fuses so like i say,think ill have to get a haynes manual.always handy to have anyway
thanks

Haynes may help, but dont know if you know anyone in the area that has a handbook they may be able to borrow you or just look at if you go to theirs or they come to yours with it...just an idea...Im at work at the mo, otherwise I would have had a look in mine for you.

Where abouts in london are you mate? I could possibly help you out!

Where abouts in london are you mate? I could possibly help you out!

found the manaul just now so will take a look tomorrow and hopefully get it sorted.

cant work it out,the fuses seem ok but noticed the mirror adjuster switch does not light up so obiously,i have no power getting to it?
ill have to take the switch out and check the connection etc
as for the mirror lights,ive got no idea unless they are fed by the same supply as the mirrors?
anyone got any suggestions?

turns out it was one of the mini fuses (no.5) operates the mirrors and the lights in the sun visors.
i did a quick visual check on all the fusese before and all seemeed to be ok but didnt fancy taking the door card off so thought id take it out,clean it and close the contact up a little as it was slightly loose.
turns out,it did the job.all sorted :thumbsup: