electrical problem

maxniomi

Reaction score
hi guys
I wander if any of you lovely people could help,basically went to work as normal and just over two Mile in I had the coil light come on and the car just didn't feel right. I pulled over and turned off and back on the engine but same problem with the flashing coil light, so I drove back home and the abs light came on but car drove ok. I popped out to get glow plugs and no lights but continued to buy the plugs and change them. not long after I notice one of the side light's not working and the break light strip constantly on after I depressed the break oh and after the glow plugs have been changed the coil light still flashes and abs light occasionally comes on. I'm now convinced its a major electrical fault to throw so many things out or just a grounding problem but just don't know where to start.

sorry it's an A4 1.9tdi avant

can someone please please help?

Last edited:
You need to get a diagnostic done. Coil light & ABS light flashing is telling you there's an engine sensor fault code logged in the ECU. Obviously not glow plugs. Other faults with your lights are unlikely to be related.

BTW brake light switch (£10ish) is a common failure which could be causing the problem with the brake light.

Afternoon lads
I did manage to get the diagnostics done and no error faults so a surfed the net and found a few forums with people of similar problems and yes it was the break pedal switch, went to euro carparts and £9+ all sorted so you was spot on paul and was told they are on the same circuit and thats why the other sensors played up.
Thanks for all your help guys and sorry it took me a while to get back as i was down in Ilfracombe.

Reactions: pauldazzle