1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

electrical problem please help

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by jay1601, Aug 26, 2010.

1. jay1601

jay1601 Well-Known Member

[Aug 26, 2010]
    right i got 2 problems, any help would be good thanks. i got a 1999 A3 1.6 "sport" both problems only started today.

right first off is, while i'm driving along i can hear the locking pump trying to lock the car, i can lock and unlock the car fine

second problem is after i have locked/unlocked the car, as soon as i open either door the hazard lights start to flash, when i press the hazard light switch they turn them self back on again

anyone else had a problem like this before ?

thanks Jay.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 21, 2014]

3. jay1601

[Aug 26, 2010]
    bump anyone know, need this sorted by the weekend if possable ?
  4. jimmp

jimmp Member

[Aug 27, 2010]
    sounds like a tall order to fix it by the weekend- you might be best identifying the central locking fuse and pulling it in the meantime.
    The pump won't be doing that without being told to- sounds like it could be the door wiring and the light going off after the cars opened sounds like the car doesn't know the doors have been unlocked. I was just wondering if there's a microswitch in the door lock but I don't think there is- it's just in the doorcatch- which is a classic failure- just bought a replacement one myself from Audi yesterday.

I'd start with that...
  5. jay1601

[Aug 27, 2010]
    sorted it out.

the problem was the green pipe that runs down the side of the car has split which has got water on the connection block on the C/L pump, i took out the middle connecter block and its sorted all the problems out.

i have dryed the block out and and all fixed.

next thing i need to do now is repair the broken pipe, any ideas on this ?