1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electrical issues?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by dannyb, Jan 3, 2013.

1. dannyb

dannyb New Member

[Jan 3, 2013]
    Hello all!

I have been in ownership of a 2 litre diesel A3 for last couple of months which has been great however recently the alarm has been going off spontaneously and the tailgate open light is always on, on the dash. Having looked at other threads I see that this seems to be a fairly common problem, and the likely problem is the tailgate lock mechanism resulting from a leaky washer so I plan to look at this. I have still been driving the car, just not been arming the alarm. Now im finding that the airbag light comes on intermittent ly and also the indicators periodically go funny I.e sometimes indicating right will cause both indicators to flash bizarrely. Any ideas, any connection between these problems?

Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 28, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jan 5, 2013]
    Yes clean up the bootlid of water ingress & dry it out, then see if any corrosion is there, fix this then see if the problems go, you may have some water leaked over the convenience module that sits in he rear drivers quarter, so a pipe may have come loose or broken.

If you need it looked at, give me a shout.