1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electrical Issues

n2w Jun 16, 2012

1. n2w

n2w New Member

Hi All i have a few issues
    Its a 99 S-reg A4 Avant 1.9tdi se manual
    My indicators have stopped working this includes hazard lights but they flash when i lock or unlock the doors.
    The temperature from the central display in the instrument panel has completely disappeared and i have not got any heating regardless of what i set the temperature too, the rest of the instrument panel displays correctly.
    I have 2 relays the 267 (A/C clutch relay) and one of the 373 relays tucked up at the back under the steering wheel these are clicking like mad
    I swapped the relays with know working ones and the faults still occur
    does anyone have any ideas.

cheers

2. Bradderz_1988

Bradderz_1988 Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Sounds as if theres a bad connection/resistance/corrosion on the heating/ac side of things.

Is the blower motor working just cold or not at all ??

3. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

Has to be water related, too many things un related to go wrong with any other fault

4. AR-rkon

AR-rkon Mod back in a "B" Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team V6 Team Silver Audi A6 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

I agree with mark, too many different systems going wrong... check the seal under the ECU box, as its right above, as they do perish.

5. n2w

n2w New Member

The blower works i get cold air i assume this is just outside temp, The temp display on the driver info panel has disappeared seem really random

6. n2w

n2w New Member

Where abouts is the ECU

7. Bradderz_1988

Bradderz_1988 Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Drivers side under the scuttle panel in the ecu box.

8. n2w

n2w New Member

Dry as a bone i will have to look else where for water
    Someone mentioned and ignition switch can cause a similar fault anyone heard of this